When you (a parent/caregiver) book a Discovery Lab class for your child, you agree to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions:
- Booking and payment is required to secure a child’s place in a class or event.
- Bookings are made on a first come, first served basis. All classes have a minimum and maximum capacity. A waiting list is available if your child misses out on the first intake.
- Bookings will be carried over each term, reserving a child’s spot. Two weeks’ notice must be given if a child is not returning to classes for any subsequent terms or full fees will be charged for that term.
- If you would like to request your booking to be transferred to another class permanently, your request will be considered if a place is available.
- Bookings can be cancelled with a full refund (minus a $30 admin fee) if the cancellation is made more than 7 days before the first class of the term. Otherwise please see refund information below.
- Trial classes may be able to be arranged and must be pre-organised with Discovery Lab. When classes are full, this may not be possible.
- After-school classes run during term time and coincide with the New Zealand primary school terms. Our term fees for each class are outlined on our website and based on the number of weeks that the class will run for. All public holidays are observed and classes don’t run on these days.
- Class and event times and venues are subject to change and we will endeavour to give you as much warning of this as possible.
- In the event we do not meet our minimum enrolment required to hold a class we will cancel the class and notify you with alternative options as soon as we possibly can.
- Fees are on a per-term basis. Fees will be on a pro-rata basis when a student starts part way through a term.
- Fees are subject to change and are reviewed annually. At least 2 months’ notice will be given prior to any fee change. Fees include GST.
- No refunds will be given for missed sessions or early withdrawal from classes during the term. You are responsible for your child’s attendance. No discount or make up lesson will be offered in the case of a child missing a class.
- In the case of a tutor being unwell or unable to teach a class, every effort will be made to find a replacement. If no replacement can be found, a make-up lesson will be offered where possible. If neither of these options is possible, a refund will be arranged for that class.
Health and Safety
- By making a booking with Discovery Lab, you consent to your child participating in classes run by us, and when you are not present, you consent to your child being under the care of our tutors.
- You understand that children are under supervision during class only and while we aim to provide a safe environment, tutors and staff cannot be responsible for children outside of booked class times or locations.
- Discovery Lab is not liable for any personal injury sustained or loss of property while attending classes.
- You agree to ensure your child is accompanied into class by a responsible adult and is picked up on time. You must not drop off or allow children to wait for class unsupervised. If you are running later than 5 minutes to pick up your child, you must contact your child’s tutor immediately.
- You are expected to be able to collect your child at any time if they become unwell or if their behaviour becomes unacceptable.
- You agree to fully inform us if your child has any health conditions, allergies, physical, learning or other disabilities/conditions that could affect them during class.
- In the event of an emergency, where you are not present, all effort will be made to contact you, and the emergency contact nominated on the booking form. If contact is unsuccessful, this agreement allows Discovery Lab to take all necessary steps for the proper care and treatment of the child, including, but not limited to seeking professional medical help.
- Discovery Lab is committed to the recognition and prevention of abuse of children within our classes and the community. We support the roles of statutory agencies such as the Police and the Ministry for Vulnerable Children (Oranga Tamariki).
- All class members are expected to arrive on time for class and ready to participate, along with their own device and charger.
- All class members and parents/caregivers are expected to treat tutors, other class members and parents/caregivers with respect at all times.
- Teamwork and respectful behaviour are integral to our classes. Any behaviour that includes teasing, derogatory comments, or bullying is deemed unacceptable. Children will be given a warning about unacceptable behaviour and their parent/caregiver will be informed. If the behaviour continues then the child will be required to leave the class for the remainder of the term and a refund will not be offered.
- If class members choose to play games, use apps, use social media, or watch YouTube videos on their device during class, they will be asked to stop. If they continue to do so, their device will be put to one side for 5 minutes. If this behaviour continues, their parent/caregiver will be informed and they may be asked to leave the class for the remainder of the term.
- If you are having ANY issues with your tutor or class members, please contact the admin team immediately.
Privacy and Copyright
- During the booking process, Discovery Lab collects personal information about class members and their parents/caregivers. This is never shared with third parties. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you are entitled to have access to, and request correction of, or removal of this information at any time. Please contact us if you have any privacy-related enquiries.
- Occasionally we would like to be able to take photos or videos of classes for promotional purposes. These may be used on marketing materials, including our website and social media accounts. Please indicate on the booking form whether or not you agree to your child appearing in photos and videos.
- Children, parents, and caregivers must not make copies of any class material, and/or use our intellectual property rights and content unless authorised to do so in writing by the Discovery Lab admin team.
Questions and Concerns
- Any issues or concerns regarding our tutors or classes should be directed to the admin team via email at email@example.com.